Android Lab, Fall 2017
Android XML Lab
- Vulnerable Android Apps Activity
- Android Studio - to work on this activity on your own machine, you need to install Android Studio
- Some notes about the lab activity
- Log in to the lab machines as your-student-login-name, not as the generic 'student'. You will probably need to set up AndroidStudio before you do more work. Download / install the Lollipop SDK (use Tools / Android / SDK Manager), set up a virtual device or two. (The 'finish' button, when setting up a new virtual device, can take a while.)
- When given a choice of which Android platform your app should run on, pick
Lollipop. (Older might be ok, but Marshmallow did not work.)
- Make sure your Android emulator is running when you try to run the adb
- The API key may not be in one of the XML files the instructions specify.
If you can't find it there, try looking inside the file named resources.arsc.
Use a plain text editor to look inside that file. (The search functionality of
editors may prove useful. Try looking either for your API key, or the name
of your Android project.)