CS 4950 Spring 2016
Find a computer and log into the
OSX side using your CS login name and password.
Open Firefox and find the class web
Find TextWrangler - use the finder
window and go to applications.
Get Examples from our book:
- In your home directory, you should have created a directory
- Go to the companion web page for our book: http://practicalcomputing.org/
- Click on "Downloads" and then on "[Examples]"
- Save the downloaded file pcfb_examples.zip in to your CS4950
directory. (You may need to move it from your downloads
- Double click on the file and it will unzip and give you a
directory - inside of that directory are the example files that
go with the book.
- Today we will use FPexamples.fta and Ch3observations.txt
Work through the Example on page
28 of our textbook using FPexamples.fta
Work through Putting it all together on page 38
What to turn in:
Create a new file in TextWrangler called <your name>Lab2.txt
For example my file would be called MelanieMartinLab2.txt
In this file, for each example, cut and paste:
Make sure to separate with blanks lines to make it readable.
- Original Data
- Your regular expression to capture the data
- Your regular expression to print the data
- The modified data
Turn it in:
Go to the CS Homework Submission System: https://www.cs.csustan.edu/cshomework/
Choose: instructor Martin
Upload the files as prompted.