As part of your review process, I recommend you study:
- Notes from class
- Reread book chapter
- Lab assignments
- Look over exercises at the end of the chapter in the book.
Chapter Five: Recursion as a
- Be able to define and explain backtracking and recursion.
Be able to give examples.
- Be able to understand simple grammars like those described in
the chapter. Be able to construct simple grammar.
- Understand what prefix, postfix, and infix expressions are and
know grammar rules for such expressions.
- Be able to answer questions about how to implement a recursive
grammar checker like the example grammar checkers for C identifiers,
palindromes, or other languages discussed in class.
- Be able to describe recursive algorithms for solving some simple
problems. Be able to identify the base case(s) and recursive step(s) in
simple recursive algorithms.
- Understand the proofs in the text in section 5.3.