As part of your review process, I recommend you study:
- Notes from class
- Reread book chapter
- Lab assignments
- Look over exercises at the end of the chapter in the book.
Chapter Eight: Advanced C++
Some things you might want to be able to do include (but are not
- 8.1 Inheritance
- 8.2 Virtual Methods and Late Binding
- 8.5 Class Templates
- 8.6 Overloaded Operators
- Be able to explain the relationship between a base class and a
class that has been derived through public inheritance.
- Understand how to implement "is-a," "has-a," and "as-a"
relationships among classes.
- Understand want a virtual method is. Understand when and how to
- Know what static and dynamic binding are.
- Understand what class templates are. Be able to recognize and
use them. Understand the advantage of using class templates.
- Know what overloaded operators are and their advantages. Know
about how the operator keyword is used when making the function
prototype for an overloaded operator.