Procedure for Faculty Appointments to Administrative Committees
In order to involve a broad range of interested faculty in shared governance,
and to provide for an efficient appointment process, the Senate Executive
Committee requests that administrators wishing to appoint faculty to
administrative committees follow the procedures outlined below:
Note: Because COC does not meet between June 1 and September 1, if at all
possible, requests for faculty representatives on administrative committees
should be made between September 1 and April 30 each academic year.
- Administrator contacts Executive Assistant to the Speaker (Bowman) ex
3400, firstname.lastname@example.org and advises:
- How many faculty representatives are needed;
- Citeria of representatives e.g. representative from each College,
experience in certain area, tenured or tenure track, etc.;
- When appointment(s) are needed;
- How often the committee will meet and when they will meet;
- How long the committee be active;
- Who the committee reports to;
- The charge of the committee;
- The overall composition of the committee.
- Executive Assistant will contact Speaker and or SEC and advise of
request. Executive Assistant will then send request to the Chairperson
of the Committee on Committees.
- COC will meet, discuss, and recommend appointments. Their recommendation
will be sent to the Executive Assistant who will then forward to the
Speaker and or SEC.
- Speaker and or SEC, via Executive Assistant, will advise the appropriate
administrator on the appointment of faculty member(s). [Article VI,
Section 1.2 (b).]