HOMEPAGE PROJECT ASSIGNMENT
Your assignment is to take the 'pattern
homepage', and turn it into a personal homepage for yourself.
To do the project, you need to:
I will do demonstrations in class to help you with all the points covered
above, and to give you additional information that you may need.
- Come to class to get details not included here.
- Save a copy of the HTML source of the pattern homepage as a file called
Before you attempt this, (1) make sure you understand
the difference between HTML source and a browser display, and (2) make
sure you know how to use your web browser to obtain HTML
- Using a text editor, such as Window's Notepad or Macintosh's TextEdit, go
through the HTML source line by line, and change it, according to the
directions you find there. (Don't try to do this with a word processor
like Microsoft Word- it will not work properly. Use Notepad or
- Use three (appropriate and stable) URL's for the 'hotlist.'
- Create an image file (gif, jpg, or jpeg) from a photo of yourself and
enter the name of the image file in the appropriate place in the pattern.
To make the image file, you can use a scanner or a digital camera.
- While doing all the above, use Internet Explorer, Safari, or some other
web browser to verify that
- the appearance in the browswer of the rendered homepage is correct,
- the links you inserted work correctly,
- the e-mail address is displayed appropriately,
- the photo is displayed correctly (including aspect ratio), and
- the size of the photo on the page is appropriate
I will examine your homepage by opening it with Safari and/or Internet
Explorer. I'll check to see that everything displays correctly, that all the
links work, and that you have made all the changes to the pattern necessary so
that the document really resembles a finished homepage. I will base your
grade on the results.
THE DUE DATE OF YOUR HOME PAGE PROJECT
for the due date.
HOW TO TURN IN THE HOMEPAGE ASSIGNMENT
I will give you instructions on how to use FTP to put copies of your homepage
and image file on a web server.