• Start the Terminal application.
• In the terminal window type in "ssh -l" followed by your username and the name of any of the following computers:
ada.csustan.edu, kestrel.csustan.edu, chomsky.csustan.edu,
godel.csustan.edu, hopper.csustan.edu, linus.csustan.edu,
pascal.csustan.edu, turing.csustan.edu, wozniak.csustan.edu
• The following screen will pop up the first time you connect to a computer. You may verify the fingerprint at http://www.cs.csustan.edu/resources_files/fingerprints.html. Type "yes" once you have verified the key.
• You will be asked for your password.
• At this point you will be connected to the computer in the CS lab.
• You can edit your programs using Pico or Jove and compile your programs using g++ or javac. Visit the Unix How To page for useful Unix commands.