HOMEPAGE PROJECT ASSIGNMENT
Your assignment is to take the "pattern" homepage
, and turn it into a personal homepage for yourself.
To do the project, you need to
I will do demonstrations in class to help you with all the points covered
above, and to give you additional information that you will be needing.
- Make a copy of (only) the pattern and turn it into a file called
myHomePage.html (or some file name that ends with .html)
- When making the asked-for changes to the pattern, make the changes (only)
to the new file you have created.
- Follow directions within the pattern that tell you where to fill in
information appropriate to yourself
- Get three (appropriate and stable) URL's and insert them in the
appropriate places in the pattern.
- Put your e-mail address into the appropriate place in the pattern.
- Create an image file from a photo of yourself and enter the name of the
image file in the appropriate place in the pattern. You can use a
scanner or an image file from a digital camera.
- While doing all the above, use Internet Explorer, Safari, or some other
web browser to verify that
- the appearance of the rendered homepage is correct,
- the links you inserted work correctly,
- the e-mail address is displayed appropriately,
- the photo is displayed correctly, and
- the size of the photo on the page is appropriate
I will examine your homepage by opening it with Safari and/or Internet
Explorer. I'll check to see that everything displays correctly, that all the
links work, and that you have made all the changes to the pattern necessary so
that the document really resembles a finished homepage. I will base your
grade on the results.
THE DUE DATE OF YOUR HOME PAGE PROJECT
for the due date.
HOW TO TURN IN THE HOMEPAGE ASSIGNMENT
I will give you instructions on how to use FTP to put copies of your homepage
and image file on a web server.