E-Mail Project Assignment
Prior to the due date, there will be available time in lecture, lab and office
hours for you to get help with all parts of this assignment.
- Obtain an e-mail account. Become familiar with its operation
- Subscribe to the class e-mail alias for your section. Here's how to do
- First make a copy of these directions - simply open this page in a
separate browser window or copy and paste the directions into an
- Click here: http://majord.csustan.edu/ to
subscribe to the class listserv (or enter the URL into your
browser's "address panel").
- Enter your e-mail address in the panel indicated. (If you have more
than one e-mail address enter the one you want to use for class
- Check "ALL" for "Browse which lists?" and then click "GO".
- Check the "Sub?" box beside "cs4000-7" and then click "Apply" at the
top or bottom of the page.
- The final screen will tell you what happened.
- You should receive two email messages from
- The first message should tell you that your attempt to subscribe
succeeded. If you don't get that message within a few minutes you
should go back to the web site and try to subscribe again. If it
appears that things are not working after a second attempt please
check with me.
- The second message should contain a welcome to the listserv and some
information. Read the message and save it for later reference.
- Read the directions below and send me an e-mail as described:
- The e-mail must be sent To me at exactly this address: email@example.com
- You must set the Subject of the e-mail to exactly this: CS4000,Lab#01
- Give answers to the following questions in your e-mail message:
- What is your name? (very important! :-)
- Do you have experience using a computer? If so, how long, and
- Do you have access to a computer at home, and what kind?
- Why are you taking the class? (A lot of students say it's
because they have to take an upper-division GE course and CS
4000 is not very hard. It's fine if that's all or part of your
answer. However, if there are other reasons, I'd really like
- What you would like to learn from this class?
THE DUE DATE OF YOUR E-MAIL PROJECT
for the due date.