(Latest Revision: 11/10/2000)
Concurrent Walking Robot Program: Part B
This assigment is the same as the problem described in:
except that the solution must have the following additional
Bounded Waiting Requirement:
There must exist a bounding function f(N) such that
Here, N represents the number of robots that are vying
to enter the hallway at the time t that R
makes its request to enter. In other words, N is the
number of robots currently running at time t, minus
the number of robots that are in the hallway at time t.
- If R is a robot that has declared its
intent to pass through the hallway (it does this
by making a call to "CheckInToHall"), then other
robots will be allowed to enter the hallway no
more than f(N) times after R
makes its request to enter, and before that
request is granted.
- The function f must be a polynomial. For
example f(N)=N^^2+ 1 (N-squared plus
one) would be allowable. (Incidentally, it's
possible to write the program so that
f(N) is O(N).)
WHAT TO TURN IN:
- Send me your filled-in version of robotShell.cpp
before midnight on the due date, but be sure to
- use the subject line: CS3750,prog2.B.
- Do not send me a copy of sem.h or sem.cpp -- I'll
use my own.
- Note that there are no spaces in the subject line
given above. It is important that you do not insert
any spaces. My e-mail address is:
- Additionally please follow these
For the program due date, see
the class schedule.